Friday, June 24, 2011

Task 1.3. blog evaluation

The blog "an EFL notebook" (http://eltnotebook.blogspot.com) by Sue Swift is dedicated to ELT as the title itself clearly states. The addressee too are clearly defined for the same reason, it has a simple and professional layout, even too plain, but it is not very easy to read because there are too many posts and they are kept in their original length.
It is not easy to say if the postings are regular because I couldn’t find any exact dates, there is only a general reference to “recent postings” classified by year back to 2005.
There are only a few links to other sites, none to other blogs. People cannot leave any comments because the author apologizes for having taken the box off (she received too much spam).
The postings match the purpose of the blog, even if they deal with many different aspects of ELT and it’s not easy to read.
In my own blog I would leave room for comments because I think that sharing and feedback are the two most positive aspects of this activity. I would design it by keeping posts short and not leave them expanded.

1 comment:

  1. Well done on completing this very good blog evaluation, Claudia! I agree re comments being very important for a blog.

    I look forward to viewing your new blog soon :-)

    ReplyDelete